- Labor Department announces grants to fight tax cheats | September 16, 2014
- Microsoft to buy Minecraft maker for $2.5B | September 15, 2014
- Nucor buying Gallatin Steel for about $770M | September 15, 2014
- AvidXchange adding 600 jobs, building new HQ at NC Music Factory | September 16, 2014
- Hymec Aerospace expands in Mooresville | September 15, 2014
- GM expert says 19 deaths eligible for compensation | September 15, 2014
Read the full series Workers don't have protections. Companies don't withhold taxes. Regulators don't seem to care. McClatchy reporters spent a year unraveling the scheme, using little-noticed payroll records that show how widespread this practice has become and what it costs us.
Analysis of total compensation packages for the CEOs of North Carolina's largest 50 publicly-traded companies. This analysis covers 2013 and compares total pay with that of the same executives in 2012.