- Burr’s CIA stumble | January 23, 2015
- A learning curve on student privacy | January 22, 2015
- Vision issues at UNC | January 22, 2015
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | January 22, 2015
- A call to action on teacher pay | January 21, 2015
- A government right to buy soft drinks? | January 21, 2015
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | January 21, 2015
- A start, perhaps, for the middle class | January 20, 2015
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | January 20, 2015
- Legal fees still piling up in Chapel Hill | January 20, 2015
Taylor Batten, Editorial Page Editor
Taylor Batten became editorial page editor in 2008, the day Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch. He grew up in Miami, went to Duke and Harvard and covered business and politics before holding a series of editing and management jobs. He and his staff have won first place for editorial writing and editorial pages in N.C. Press Association competitions. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peter St. Onge, Associate Editor
Peter St. Onge has been a member of the editorial board since 2011. A New Hampshire native, Peter came to the Observer in 1999. He has been honored with national awards in news writing, investigations, business writing, sports writing and feature writing. He lives in south Charlotte with his wife and two sons. Reach him at email@example.com.
Kevin Siers, Editorial Cartoonist
A native of Minnesota, Kevin Siers has been drawing editorial cartoons for the Observer since 1987. He began his cartooning career by drawing editorial cartoons for his hometown community newspaper between shifts working in the local iron ore mines north of Duluth. His Observer cartoons today are distributed nationwide by King Features Syndicate. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eric Frazier, Associate Editor
Eric Frazier joined the editorial board in 2014. A South Carolina native, he graduated from the College of Charleston and Columbia University. He has been a reporter and editor at the Observer since 1998, and has won state and national awards for coverage of issues ranging from capital punishment to child welfare. Reach him at email@example.com.