- Your chance to shape the future | April 22, 2014
- Promising news on N.C. unemployment | April 22, 2014
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | April 22, 2014
- Celebrate Earth Day | April 21, 2014
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | April 21, 2014
- Fully disclose the salaries at charters | April 21, 2014
- Tillis seeks to rewrite history | April 20, 2014
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | April 20, 2014
- Judge: City’s secrecy is just fine | April 19, 2014
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | April 19, 2014
Taylor Batten, Editorial Page Editor
Taylor Batten became editorial page editor in 2008, the day Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch. He grew up in Miami, went to Duke and Harvard and covered business and politics before holding a series of editing and management jobs. He and his staff have won first place for editorial writing and editorial pages in N.C. Press Association competitions. Reach him at email@example.com.
Fannie Flono, Associate Editor
Fannie Flono has written editorials and columns for the editorial board since 1993. She has won awards for investigative reporting, education reporting, editorials and column writing. She held a number of jobs at The Observer, including political editor and city editor, before moving to the editorial board. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peter St. Onge, Associate Editor
Peter St. Onge has been a member of the editorial board since 2011. A New Hampshire native, Peter came to the Observer in 1999. He has been honored with national awards in news writing, investigations, business writing, sports writing and feature writing. He lives in south Charlotte with his wife and two sons. Reach him at email@example.com.
Kevin Siers, Editorial Cartoonist
A native of Minnesota, Kevin Siers has been drawing editorial cartoons for the Observer since 1987. He began his cartooning career by drawing editorial cartoons for his hometown community newspaper between shifts working in the local iron ore mines north of Duluth. His Observer cartoons today are distributed nationwide by King Features Syndicate. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.