- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | August 28, 2014
- Ruth Gaddy: Pioneer, patriot | August 28, 2014
- How old is too old for judges? | August 27, 2014
- An unlawful exchange | August 27, 2014
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | August 27, 2014
- Blocking public’s right to know | August 26, 2014
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | August 26, 2014
- City should take easy two on arena | August 25, 2014
- Don’t pay ransom | August 25, 2014
- Observer Forum: Letters to the editor | August 25, 2014
Taylor Batten, Editorial Page Editor
Taylor Batten became editorial page editor in 2008, the day Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch. He grew up in Miami, went to Duke and Harvard and covered business and politics before holding a series of editing and management jobs. He and his staff have won first place for editorial writing and editorial pages in N.C. Press Association competitions. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fannie Flono, Associate Editor
Fannie Flono has written editorials and columns for the editorial board since 1993. She has won awards for investigative reporting, education reporting, editorials and column writing. She held a number of jobs at The Observer, including political editor and city editor, before moving to the editorial board. Reach her at email@example.com.
Peter St. Onge, Associate Editor
Peter St. Onge has been a member of the editorial board since 2011. A New Hampshire native, Peter came to the Observer in 1999. He has been honored with national awards in news writing, investigations, business writing, sports writing and feature writing. He lives in south Charlotte with his wife and two sons. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kevin Siers, Editorial Cartoonist
A native of Minnesota, Kevin Siers has been drawing editorial cartoons for the Observer since 1987. He began his cartooning career by drawing editorial cartoons for his hometown community newspaper between shifts working in the local iron ore mines north of Duluth. His Observer cartoons today are distributed nationwide by King Features Syndicate. Reach him at email@example.com.