Posted: Friday, Sep. 26, 2008
Take a peek through your windows and what do you see? Carefully planned window treatments can become part of the experience.
Fun and funky meet country casual in this retro-inspired window treatment (right). Three horizontal bands of russet, umber and pastel green echo the more complex interweaving of color in a Moroccan area rug. Above, a 1960s-style abstract pattern adds a dash of playfulness and an unexpected texture.
Rich golden yellow is tied together with accents of deep green from the palm trees found just outside (upper far right). Introducing a whimsical note is the needlepoint cross-stitch strip found on both sofa and curtain tieback.
Less is clearly more with this arrangement (lower far right). Coarse hemp tiebacks create a striking contrast to the smooth simplicity of plain, white sheers. Beyond, the natural greenery springing from a ceramic pot reminds visitors and residents of Mother Earth's ability.
For more ideas, visit www.getdecorating.com.
Subscribe to The Charlotte
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.