This gourmet kitchen has a casual ambience and a sense of playfulness, thanks to an irregular eating bar of polished marble. Easily able to accommodate half a dozen friends or family, this generous surface appears to be part of a free-standing cabinet, and is shaped with gentle curves and deep overhangs. It is ideal for buffet-style entertaining and intimate family meals.
Rustic, country-style cabinetry in dark-stained wood conceals distinctly 21st-century fridge and freezer drawers to complement the full-sized units above. Drawers are perfect for frequently used items such as drinks or veggies. They also make foods easily accessible to the kids and their friends.
Meal prep is easy with a deep farmer's sink and conveniently located dishwasher. The tile backsplash ties the counter surface and slate floor together for a sunny, Mediterranean piazza feeling.
For more design and decorating ideas, visit the Getdecorating Web site www.getdecorating.com.
Subscribe to The Charlotte
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.