The bachelor party
Posted: Monday, Mar. 30, 2009
When it comes to the bachelors last hoorah, the stereotypical drink-til-you-drop nights are the stuff of old movies. But that doesnt mean you and your buddies cant have a great time celebrating your good fortune.
The best man is traditionally responsible for arranging the bachelor party, but you can be ready with some suggestions:
A golf outing
Dinner and smokes at a fine cigar bar
A camping or fishing trip
A poker night
An evening of bowling or billiards
A tailgate party at a ball game
The bachelor party is usually held sometime during the week prior to the wedding, but never, ever, the night before the ceremony. Youll want to be in peak form, and theres nothing better than good rest to help you look and feel your best.List of Wedding VendorsMore Planning Articles
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.