Ride of your life
Posted: Thursday, Apr. 02, 2009
While many couples opt for the romance of a horse and carriage or the fun of hopping a trolley, it’s always stylish to make your grand entrance – or exit – in a fabulous automobile.
This classic and classy approach will always be in style. A limo is also versatile, seating up to 28 passengers. You may decide to go one-on-one with your groom, or you could share the ride with some or all of your bridal party. With a chauffeur to handle the driving, all you have to do is sit back, relax and sip champagne.
Classic or sports car
BMWs, Bentleys, Porsches, or Jags are wonderful ways for just the two of you to show up together at the ceremony, reception, or your wedding night destination. You can even have a chauffeur drive you (as long as it’s not a two-seater!) Remember, though, if your honey is doing the driving, make sure he’s not also doing the drinking.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.