Flawless foundation, flake-free lashes and a hint of tint.
By Brandee Dishner
Posted: Monday, Apr. 05, 2010
Brandee James is the beauty writer and blogger for Carolina Bride. Have a tip? Email her.
During a recent trip to Sephora, it dawned on me that I have sampled, tried and tested tons of products over the years. Wanting to put my product skills to work, I decided to share my finds with Carolina Bride. As you are busy planning your wedding down to the very last detail, count on me to be working around the clock to bring you the latest buzz about breakthrough beauty products from trusted brands and celebrity makeup and skincare experts. I'll even throw in a few of my favorites that have continued to deliver year after year.
Photo courtesy of Shu Uemura.
1. I was quickly drawn to the pretty packaging, but Shu Uemura UV Underbase Fluid won me over by keeping my foundation in place all day. The new, lightweight formula wasn't sticky and created a smooth layer over my skin making it look and feel more even - plus it's packed with SPF.
Photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown.
2. I'm obsessed with Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15. The brand is known for matching any skin tone, and that's exactly where my love affair begins. After applying it with my favorite Foundation Brush from Benefit, my skin is flawless, streak-free and even-toned. It's like a second skin, only better than the first!
Photo courtesy of Marina Maher Communications, Inc.
3. I'm a new convert to the world of concealer after discovering COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer made with advanced Olay Regenerist Serum. More like a lightweight eye cream, my eye area was instantly brightened. What surprised me the most was it never settled into fine lines and remained even until I washed my face at night.
Photo courtesy of Devries Public Relations.
4. If a mascara doesn't flake, it stays in my makeup bag forever. Tarina Tarantino's Fleur de Lash Mascara is from the designer's new "makeup-as-accessories" collection. Infused with Vitamin E and shea butter, my lashes still felt soft but demanded attention with their newfound fullness.
Photo courtesy of Kiehls.
5. If I could buy Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo in bulk I would. It is my go-to for soft, shiny hair. With pure coconut oil and hydrolyzed wheat protein, my hair never feels stripped of its natural oils.
Photo courtesy of Starworks NY.
6. When Clark's Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tints gave my pout a pretty pink tint while moisturizing without sticky residue, I knew I had to have one for every purse. Try Carlotta Pink or Alexandra Rose for spring, and check out the Web site for the inspirational story of how the brand began.
Photo courtesy of Think PR.
7. Desert Essence 100% Pure Jojoba Oil is my multi-purpose wonder. I use the natural plant extract to condition the ends of my hair, remove makeup and as an all-over moisturizer. The non-greasy oil quickly absorbs but keeps my skin smooth all day. I have even been known to use it as a face moisturizer from time to time when my skin really needs it.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less