A week after surprising his listeners with the news that WBT-AM (1110) had told him his contract would not be renewed, mid-morning host Keith Larson and the station came to terms late Wednesday on a new agreement to keep him on the air.
Neither Larson nor Rick Feinblatt, WBTs general manager, would discuss the terms or length of the contract that keeps Larson in the stations weekday 9 a.m. to noon spot.
Im very happy to be plugging away at WBT, Larson said Wednesday night after the agreement was reached in discussions that began Tuesday with Feinblatt. We had a good conversation this week. Im happy to continue eye-poking at WBT and looking forward to developing Larson Advertising and Media as well, referring to a start-up firm he has launched.
Larson announced in his show last Wednesday that he had been told a day earlier that his contract would not be renewed, but WBT had said he could stay on the air day-to-day without one for the near-term. He told listeners that he wouldnt rule out such a deal, though it would involve certain conditions imposed by management, but wouldnt discuss what they were. His existing contract was to expire May 24.
Larson, 55, came to station in 2002. He said Wednesday he will talk to listeners about the new arrangement on Thursdays show.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less