Event co-chairs Kelly Young and Tiffany Hinson.
Mollie Scudder, Kat Belk, Johnny Belk and Michelle Kelly.
Marianna Sheridan, Cassell Fitzhugh and Hillary Cooper.
Mint Museum Auxiliary president Katie Charlebois and Mike Wells.
Evening Under the Palms
Posted: Thursday, Jun. 07, 2012
Olivia Fortson is social editor of the Observer and SouthPark magazine. She loves shining the light on those who know the art of living an elegant life. Email her at OFortson@charlotteobserver.com.
Photos by Daniel CostonTHE REASON:
A highlight of the series of Room to Bloom fundraisers organized by the Mint Museum Auxiliary.
THE BUZZ: Belk and Lilly Pulitzer were the presenting sponsors and guests were encouraged to dress in Palm Beach chic described as Lilly or louder
honorary chair was Kat Belk
guests at the casually elegant evening enjoyed a seated dinner and dancing to the party band Hot Sauce.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.