Get her look
Posted: Friday, Jun. 15, 2012
For this fresh, radiant look, local makeup artist Erin Ashley focused on the bride's eyes by contouring shadows and finishing with a sleek dark liner and false lashes. Here, Erin shares her pro tips on how master gel liner.
-Use a thin angle brush to pick up some gel liner and apply it to the waterline and along the upper and lower lash lines.
-Smudge the liner with a bullet brush, then apply MAC
shadow to the lower lash line with the same brush.
-Apply false lashes such as Andrea #33 to complete the look.
MAC Eyeshadows in Blackberry, Velvet and Tease With Ease
Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Blackest Black
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
LORAC Perfectly Lit in Luminous
Julie Hewett Blush in Coral
Julie Hewett lipstick in Biba Beauty writers note:
Did you know Julie Hewett is the mastermind behind the bold red lipstick in the film Pearl Harbor? All of her lipsticks are made of a camellia oil base and essential oils like rosebud and orange blossom.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.