The first round of public meetings for the review of Mecklenburg Countys property revaluation will be held between July 30 and Aug. 9, according to a bulletin issued Friday.
The Mecklenburg Board of County Commissioners voted unanimously at its July 3 meeting to have Pearsons Appraisal Service review the 2011 revaluation for $254,400, with a 16-week timetable to complete the review.
During the meetings, Pearsons representatives will brief participants on the review phases and schedule, and learn more about property owners concerns and what they would like the review to address.
All meetings are from 7 to 9 p.m. They are open to the public, and registration is not required.
• District 1: July 31 Cornelius Town Hall, 21445 Catawba Ave.
• District 2: Aug. 9 First Baptist West Chapel, 1801 Oaklawn Ave.
• District 3: Aug. 2 Beatties Ford Branch Public Library, 2412 Beatties Ford Road
• District 4: Aug. 6 Charlotte Mecklenburg Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St.
• District 5: To be announced
• District 6: July 30 Matthews Town Hall, 232 Matthews Station St.
More details about the review, including updates throughout the process, can be accessed at the Tax Assessors Office website at http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/AssessorsOffice/Pages/RevaluationReview.aspx
The countyToolsMeasureOptionst proposals from firms in June to conduct an outside investigation into whether the countys 2011 property revaluation was fair and complied with N.C. law.