Kings Island and Cedar Point are the most popular seasonal amusement parks in the United States, according to a new theme park attendance report issued by the Theme Entertainment Association.
Both Ohio parks saw a rise in attendance last year – Kings Island up 1 percent to 3.14 million over 2010, and Cedar Point up 3 percent to 3.14 million.
Among all theme/ amusement parks in North America – including those open year-round – Kings Island and Cedar Point ranked 15th and 16th. The big gorillas on the list, naturally, were Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Here’s the Theme Entertainment Association list of the top theme/ amusement parks in North America:
1. Magic Kingdom, Disney World, Orlando, Fla.
2. Disneyland, Anaheim, Calif.
3. Epcot, Disney World, Orlando
4. Animal Kingdom, Disney World, Orlando
5. Hollywood Studios, Disney World, Orlando
6. Islands of Adventure, Universal Orlando
7. California Adventure, Disneyland, Anaheim
8. Universal Studios, Orlando
9. SeaWorld Florida, Orlando
10. Universal Studios Hollywood, Calif.