CHARLOTTE, N.C. Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx is among the latest list of speakers announced for the upcoming Democratic National Convention.
Meanwhile, organizers said Newark Mayor Cory Booker, California congresswoman Barbara Lee and retired Lt. General Claudia Kennedy will present the Democratic Party’s proposed platform during the opening day of the convention. A proposed platform was approved earlier this month that, among other things, endorsed gay marriage.
Organizers did not reveal when Foxx would address delegates and other attendees at the convention.
Other speakers announced Friday include:
• Former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm
• CarMax co-founder and former CEO Austin Ligon
• Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy
• Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter
• Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak
• Costco co-founder and former CEO Jim Sinegal
• Los Angeles Mayor, Democratic Convention Chair Antonio Villaraigosa
Organizers have previously announced about two dozen other speakers for the convention, which will run Sept. 4-6 in uptown Charlotte.