Stacking and Hot Deals
Question of The Week
Deal Diva – Help me understand “stacking”. Yesterday I was at a local grocery store armed with one of their store coupons that comes off the cash register and a coupon I clipped from a circular. Both were for Post Shredded Wheat. They would only accept one coupon "because I only bought one box." They told me in order to use both coupons, I needed to buy 2 boxes. HELP!
Thanks for the e-mail
“Store coupons that come off the cash register" are called catalinas and they are actually not "store coupons" they are manufacturers coupons. You should see the words "manufacturer coupon" along the top. It typically also has a store logo on it as well. This does NOT mean you have to use it at that store. You can actually use it anywhere because it is a manufacturer coupon.
Stacking refers to using a store coupons AND a manufacturer's coupon. This is easiest at Target. If you visit the Target website go to the bottom of the home page and look for the link for coupons. Here you can print Target store coupons and manufacturer coupons. You can tell them apart by looking at the top of the coupons. You can use the manufacturer coupons anywhere. You can use the Target coupons at Target and Bi-Lo.
Back to stacking. For example on the Target website under coupons they have a $1 off any children's oral product. This is a Target Store coupon. You could stack this coupon with a coupon for an Oral B Stages product to save the most.
A great website to learn more about Target is www.totallyTarget.com
You can also "stack" e-coupons (found on the Bi-Lo and Harris Teeter websites with a manufacture coupon. Recently Harris Teeter had an e-coupon for $1 Olay Body Wash - I stacked it with a $1 off Olay coupon from the Sunday P&G coupon insert.
Have a question? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Deals Between The Aisles
Lots of pretty good deals using the coupons found in your Sunday Charlotte Observer.
SS= Smart Source
Both are inserts found in your Sunday newspaper.
Best Deals at Bi-Lo This Week
1. Lloyd’s Chicken or Pork Barbeque, 18 oz, at $3.49 use4 $2/2 Hormel refrigerated entrees, Country Crock sides, or Lloyds BBQ tubs, SS 8/19 Spend just $1.49 each
2. Colgate Toothpaste, 6.4 oz, at $1.49 use $.75/1 Colgate toothpaste, 4 oz, SS 8/26 Spend NOTHING!!
3. Vanity Fair Lunch or Dinner Napkins, 40-100 ct., at $1.49 use $.55/1 Vanity Fair napkins, RP 6/24 Spend just $.39
4. Procter and Gamble NFL Fan Promo Get a $25 gift card to NFLShop.com WYB $30 in P&G products
Crest 3D White Whitestrips, 10 ct., $26.99
Gillette Fusion Shave Gel, 5.9-7 oz, $3.49 use $1 off Gillette Fusion Proglide shave prep or Fusion Proseries skin care, excl trial size, PG 7/29 (Hurry – coupon expires 08/31)
Charmin Bath Tissue, 12 big roll or 6 mega rolls, $6.99 use $.25/1 Charmin products, PG 8/26
Bounty Paper Towels, 6 big rolls, $6.99 use $.25/1 Bounty towel or napkins, PG 8/26
Gillette Venus Spa or Embrace Razor, 1 ct., $8.99 use $4 off Gillette Venus refillable razor, excl trial size, RP 8/12
Gillette Fusion or ProGlide Manual or Power Razor, 1 ct., $9.99 use $4 off Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor, excl Styler and trial size, RP 8/12
Duracell AA or AAA Batteries, 10 pk., $6.99
Tide Laundry Detergent, 24-40 load, $6.99 use $2/2 Tide detergent or Downy, excl trial size, PG 7/29 (EXP 08/31)
5. Kellogg’s Apple Jack, Froot Loops, Corn Flakes, or Raisin Bran, 8.7-13.7 oz, $1.99 use $1/3 Kellogg’s cereal, 8.7 oz+, RP 8/05 AND $1/3 Kellogg’s Apple Jacks, Corn Pops or Froot Loops cereals, 8.7 oz, Bi-Lo eCoupon (on the Bi-Lo website)
6. Fiber One Bars or Brownies, 5-6 ct., $2.50 use $.50/1 Fiber One chewy bars, SS 8/05 AND .50/1 Fiber One 90 cal brownies, Bi-Lo eCoupon (on the Bi-Lo website)
7. Kraft Barbecue Sauce, 17.5-18 oz, $.99 use $.60/2 Kraft barbecue sauce, SS 8/19 Spend just $.39
Best Deals at Food Lion This Week
1. Johnsonville Fresh or Smoked Grilling Sausage, 14-19.76 oz, $2.99
Use any of these coupons
$1 off Johnsonville pork and chicken sausage, 17.63 oz, SS 6/24
$1 off Johnsonville pork and chicken sausage, 17.63 oz, SS 6/17
$1 off Johnsonville pork & chicken sausage, 17.63 oz, SS 7/22
Spend just $1.99
2. Dial Soap, 3 pk., $2 use $.35/1 Dial liquid or foaming hand soap or bar, 3 pk.+, RP 8/19 Spend just $1.65
3. Welch’s Juice, 64 oz, $2 use $1 off Welch’s refrigerated juice cocktail 64 oz or Healthy Start juice 59 oz, RP 6/03 (HURRY it Expires on Friday! 08/31) Spend just $1
4. Eggo Waffles, 8-10 ct., $2 use $1/2 Kellogg’s Eggo items, 5.3 oz+, RP 8/05 Spend just $1.50
The Best Deals at Harris Teeter This Week
1. EVIC Promo of the Week Deer Park Water, 24 pk., .5 Liter Bottles, $2.97
2. Carl Buddig Ham, 2 oz, at $.49 use $.75/4 Buddig original, 2 oz, SS 8/12 Spend just $.12
3. Kozy Shack Pudding, 22-24 oz, at $1.74 use $.75/1 Kozy Shack bread pudding item, SS 6/24 Spend just $.24
4. Luigi’s Italian Ice, 6 ct, at $1.94 use $.75/1 Luigi’s real Italian ices, RP 7/22/12 Spend just $.44
Join the Deal Diva on Facebook