CHARLOTTE, N.C. Here are the FIVE dishiest things DNC-wise we heard about Thursday:
• 1. Word is that the Veep aka Joe Biden may be staying in an Eastover estate next week.
Hell be motorcading his way to BofA Stadium on Thursday night, when hell speak before POTUS.
• 2. A slew of celebs are confirmed for the three VIP events sponsored by the Creative Coalition, an advocacy group for the entertainment biz. Among the attendees: Patricia Arquette, Alfre Woodard, John Leguizamo, Beau Bridges, Rose Byrne, Tim Daly and Tony Shalhoub.
But our fav: Wayne Knight, Seinfelds nemesis on THE greatest of sitcoms. Say it with me: Hello, Newman.
• 3. The Daily Show has decided on a theme for its shows at Charlottes ImaginOn. Ready? DNC 2012: Hope and Change 2. Its Tampa theme was funnier. RNC 2012: The Road to Jeb Bush 2016.
But faux news anchor Jon Stewart should get some ha-has by showing a brief Barack Obama bio-pic. And his correspondents will be all over town, taking shots good-natured, of course at CLT.
• 4 . Hug-A-Thug, the N.C. AFL-CIO is calling it. On Labor Day, at uptowns CarolinaFest, union members will give out free hugs the tongue-in-cheek thug label is meant to break down stereotypes of union members.
And if youre a worker, stop by the unions booth and get a thank you card.
• 5. This from our wacky neighbors in that other Carolina: VisitMyrtleBeach.com had 15.5 tons of S.C. sand dropped at the EpiCentre this week.
No, not for the protesters. For Team Sandtastic four sand sculptors who will create a 16-foot-high work of art outside the Blackfinn Saloon that sponsors say will be mighty presidential.