KANNAPOLIS -- Authorities say a family and its pets escaped safely from a house fire overnight.
The fire was reported shortly after 2:45 a.m. at a house in the 200 block of Hahn Street. Firefighters said they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the rear of the home.
Two adults and a child escaped safely from the burning home, along with the family’s two pet cats. The Landis and Odell fire departments helped Kannapolis firefighters during the incident.
The American Red Cross is helping the family. An investigation into the blaze is continuing.