N.C. residents can start heading to the voting booth on Thursday as early voting sites open in Mecklenburg County and other parts of the state.
Mecklenburg is opening 22 of the one-stop voting sites at libraries, government buildings and other facilities across the county.
Residents who havent previously registered to vote can do so and vote on the same day at the early voting sites. Youll need to bring identification showing your current name and address such as a drivers license, utility bill, pay stub or government-issued document. Learn more at http://bit.ly/QdDVXi
Early voting will end on Nov. 3.
Dont live in Mecklenburg? Find early voting sites in other areas at http://bit.ly/IIqOwU
In the meantime, here is where you can vote in Mecklenburg:
Hal Marshall Annex
Located at 618 N. College St. in uptown Charlotte, the Hal Marshall Annex voting site will be open weekdays through Nov. 2 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. It also will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 20 and 27; from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 21 and 28; and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 3.
The following sites will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays from Thursday to Nov. 2; from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Oct. 20 and 27; from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Oct. 21 and 28; and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 3.
• Beatties Ford Road Library, 2412 Beatties Ford Rd., Charlotte
• Bette Rae Thomas Rec Center, 2921 Tuckaseegee Rd, Charlotte
• Cornelius Town Hall, 21445 Catawba Ave, Cornelius
• Gibson Building, 11430 N. Community House Rd, Charlotte
• Hickory Grove Library, 5935 Hickory Grove Rd, Charlotte
• Independence Regional Library, 6000 Conference Dr., Charlotte
• Main Branch Library, 310 N. Tryon St., Charlotte
• Marion Diehl Rec. Center, 2219 Tyvola Rd., Charlotte
• Mint Hill Library, 6840 Matthews- Mint Hill Rd, Charlotte
• Morrison Regional Library, 7015 Morrison Blvd., Charlotte
• Mountain Island Library, 4420 Hoyt Galvin Way, Charlotte
• North County Regional Library, 16500 Holly Crest Ln., Huntersville
• Old Bradford Clinic, 196 South Trade St, Matthews
• Rameses Temple, 4919 Beatties Ford Rd, Charlotte
• South County Regional Library, 5801 Rea Rd., Charlotte
• Steele Creek Library, 13620 Steele Creek Rd., Charlotte
• Sugar Creek Library - 4045 N. Tryon St., Charlotte
• UNC Charlotte (Cone Center), 9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte
• University City Regional Library, 301 E. W.T. Harris Blvd., Charlotte
• Veterans Park, 2136 Central Ave., Charlotte
• West Boulevard Library, 2157 West Blvd., Charlotte