Cosmos Cafe celebrates the 15th anniversary of its uptown location Friday-Nov. 17 with a three-course dinner special for $15 (add $15 for a wine upgrade). The menu will be available uptown (300 N. College St.; 704-372-3553) and at the Ballantyne location (8420 Rea Road; 704-544-5268). New executive chef Robert Warner, who has cooked at the uptown McCormick & Schmicks, is also at work on a new dinner menu.
• Bojangles brings back the Pork Chop Biscuit through late December in company-owned and participating franchises in the Charlotte area (you can check on www.bojangles.com).
• If youre willing to sign up for the Sticky Fingers chains StickEClub (no, really: you do it at stickyfingers.com/sf-signup.html), you can get a $2.99 sandwich on Black Friday (Nov. 23) and the day after Christmas this year. You get a choice of pulled pork or pulled chicken, with slaw, with the purchase of a drink, dine-in only. 12410 Johnston Road.
• AZN hosts a wine dinner with The Wine Vault Nov. 18, featuring Flora Springs winery. Among the courses: steamed shrimp dumplings with Chardonnay and Cantonese roasted duck with Merlot. $60; 704-548-9463; the restaurant is at 4620 Piedmont Row Drive.
Holiday plans at the uptown Ritz-Carlton, just so you have plenty of time:
• Chocolate afternoon tea will be offered 11 a.m.-3 p.m. daily through December by Bar Cocoa at the Lobby Lounge. Tea, finger sandwiches, scones, desserts for $12 per child 11 and younger, $32 per adult.
• Afternoon holiday tea will be offered 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 1, 2, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22 and 23, for the same price. This will be in the 15th-floor Urban Sip, and will add a childrens menu. 201 E. Trade St.; 704-547-2244.
Social media message
Mellow Mushroom has a new social media campaign: You follow the company on Facebook or Twitter (go to www.FollowMellow.com) and the company maybe follows you. Brilliant? Creepy? Both? You tell me; watch at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNQTiUHgnvg.
Follow by Nov. 11 and you can get a free half-order of pretzels (valid through Nov. 30) and a chance to win free pizza for a year and maybe end up in a video.