Rosemary and clove chicken salad (serves 10-12 people)
• 4 skinless chicken breasts
• 32-ounce carton of chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons of the Rosemary & Clove variety of Bushelle Seasonings
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 2 1/2 tablespoons of dijon or spicy mustard
• Boil chicken breast in chicken broth with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the seasonings for 10 to 12 minutes, or until done.
• Remove chicken from pot. Let it cool.
• Shred the cooled chicken with hands or food processor.
• In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of seasoning, mayonnaise and mustard.
• Fold chicken into the mixture, and mix until well combined.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
-Recipe by Chef Elizabeth Fudge
SuperBowl chicken wings (serves six to eight people)
• 5 pounds of chicken drummets/wingettes
• 1/2 cup Bushelle Seasonings (use either the Green Onions & Habanero or the Garlic & Habanero varieties)
• 1/4 cup Worchester Sauce
• 3 tablespoons of garlic powder
• 3 tablespoons onion powder
• Wash chicken thoroughly. Pat dry.
• Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Make sure chicken is well coated.
• Cover and let sit overnight (or at least six hours) in the refrigerator.
• Add your favorite barbecue sauce, or spice up an ordinary sauce by combining: two cups of plain barbecue sauce, two tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/4 cup of honey and 1/4 cup of dijon mustard.
• Preheat oven 375 degrees.
• Coat a cookie sheet or shallow pan with cooking spray. Place wings on tray.
• Bake for 45 minutes, turning occasionally.
• Remove wings from oven and in a large bowl, toss the chicken wings and barbecue sauce together. Coat the wings thoroughly.
• Place wings back on cookie sheet and bake an additional 15 minutes.
• Remove from oven and let stand for five minutes before serving.
Savory mini meatballs
• 1 pound of ground turkey or beef
• 2 tablespoons of Bushelle Seasonings (any variety)
• 3 tablespoons Worchester Sauce
• 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or 1 clove of fresh garlic
• 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce (any type)
• 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
• In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
• Make mini meatballs (approximate size of one tablespoon).
• Bake in oven for 25 minutes at 375 degrees, or saute in large pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
• Serve as an appetizer or add to your favorite sauce.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less