Charlotte-Mecklenburg police detectives have arrested a man in connection with a triple-shooting in northwest Charlotte early this week, the police department said Thursday.
Vincent Christopher Bourne, 20, was arrested Wednesday and charged with three counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, according to police. He is still being held at the Mecklenburg County jail.
Officers were called to the intersection of Old Plank Road and Almora Drive at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday with reports of a shooting, police said. Officers found one man who had been shot. Later, two more gunshot victims were taken to the hospital. None of the wounds were life-threatening.
The three told police they had gone to a party to pick up a friend when they got in an argument with people they knew, according to the police department.
Dunn: 704-358-5235 Twitter: @andrew_dunn
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less