Right on the heels of Black Friday weekend comes Cyber Monday, the annual day of online deals. This year, nearly half of Cyber Monday shoppers will spend more money online Monday than they will in the store the rest of the holiday season, reports a new CouponCabin.com survey. And nearly a third of those shoppers will do it via mobile, shopping with their smart phones and tablets.
If you are planning to take advantage of Cyber Monday, here are some tips to help you score a great deal:
Know what you want: Know the model number and any other specifications of the items you want to buy. This allows you to compare apples to apples. Visit sites and read reviews from other consumers.
Have your credit card ready: Timing is everything, so you need to be able to act fast.
Bookmark and Facebook: Bookmark my favorite My Top 5 Online Retailers websites – and be sure to visit their Facebook sites too.
• Amazon: By far the patriarch of online retailers, Amazon has set the bar high for one-stop shopping. If you shop a lot online, consider Amazon Prime. This account upgrade provides free two-day shipping on most items, plus instant video streaming and free downloads for some top-selling Kindle books. Test it with a free one-month trial.
• Overstock.com: For $2.95 everything ships; for your first order, it offers free shipping.
• Groupon, Living Social and Dealsaver: Each offer great local deals on a daily basis.
• Target.com: Sign up for a Red Card debit card to save 5 percent and get free two-day shipping on web purchases.
• CouponCabin.com: This comprehensive website allows consumers to search thousands of stores. This year its Newsflash will feature late-breaking deals and coupon codes.