• Atlanta Hawks coach Larry Drew said he warned his team, Were in no way looking at that Bobcats team from last year. I can see why hed feel the need: Hawks won all four meetings with the Bobcats last season and three of those were by 20 or more points.
• When Byron Mullens went to the foul line, a couple of fans kept chanting, MVP. Can you say, Sarcasm?
• Charlottean Anthony Morrow, now playing for the Hawks, has one of the NBAs best ball fakes. Defenders bite, run right past him and then he gets ridiculously open looks.
• Theres so much to like about rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, but he absolutely has to cut down on turnovers. Too many of them are unforced errors.
• Saturdays opponent, the 0-10 Washington Wizards, have been so bad this season the Bobcats should for once worry about overconfidence.
The Hawks lead the NBA in turnovers forced. The Bobcats committed 10 in the first half alone, resulting in 15 Atlanta points.