Life is returning to normal around the Charlotte region after the Thanksgiving holiday, and that includes morning traffic congestion.
Slowdowns are building in the typical spots, after motorists experienced lighter-than-usual traffic much of last week.
Earlier collisions on northbound Interstate 85 and inbound East Independence Boulevard have been cleared. Here is a look at traffic at 7:30 a.m.:
-- I-485 inner loop, south Mecklenburg ... Congestion; traffic moving 15-20 mph from Providence Road to South Boulevard.
-- I-77 northbound, south Charlotte ... Congestion; traffic moving 20-25 mph from Carowinds Boulevard to Tyvola Road.
-- I-77 southbound, Lake Norman area ... Congestion; traffic moving 20 mph from the lake down to Exit 23.
-- I-85 southbound, Cabarrus County ... Congestion; traffic moving 15-20 mph from N.C. 73 down to I-485.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.