Things never overheard in Charlotte:
• Im shocked the convention host committee came up $10 million short because they said they were doing so well.
• I cant wait to ride the new trolley.
• We should name an expressway for Gov. Bev Perdue.
• I found a cheap fare at US Airways.
• Guys with droopy drawers are such a turn-on.
• I love the grinding of the garbage truck at dawn.
• All those snazzy motorbikes the police got for the DNC sure are being put to good use.
• I dont even live in Dilworth, but I completely understand what harm a pharmacy would do to the quality of life.
• We need to upgrade the creaky old parking garages at the airport.
• Im following every development in this fiscal-cliff thing.
• Cam always pulls it out at the end.
• I have such fond memories of that ice storm.
• You never see anyone texting at red lights anymore.
• Time-Warner Cable answered on the first ring.
• I really like the public art around here.
• Toll lanes awesome idea!
• Harry Jones is right to be angry about not getting that big pay raise.
• I wish Channel 9 would show more pictures of police cars with flashing lights.
• Regal Cinemas has such a good deal on popcorn.
• You notice all the new development along Independence Boulevard?
• Ive gone all morning without someone asking, Are you ready yet for Christmas?
• It makes us look so world-class that weve got a sign on I-77 to the farmers market but not to the airport.
• Taxing video poker would be wrong. We should just continue to ignore it.
• Its past time for another crackdown on jaywalkers.
• Looks like the economy is primed for a big comeback in 2013.
• Its impressive how quickly the state always moves to rebuild N.C. 12 to help all those poor people on the Outer Banks.
• Whatever cuts we have to make in state services are OK so long as we continue to pay for a lieutenant governor.
• This Panthers PSL is the best investment I ever made.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less