Charlotte-based Chiquita Brands International said Tuesday its chief financial officer, Brian Kocher, will move to the new company position of chief operating officer.
The switch comes as the company consolidates global sales, business unit and food safety capabilities into a single organization, to be led by Kocher. He’ll focus on increasing cash flow in two core businesses: global banana sales, and its North American salad business.
Kocher has held various senior leadership positions since joining Chiquita in 2005. He’ll continue his CFO duties until his replacement is named. A search is underway, the company said.
“Brian is an outstanding CFO, but as we look to consolidate our commercial operations to better leverage our core products, it is clear that Brian has the right experience and skills for the task at hand,” said Ed Lonergan, Chiquita president and chief executive officer.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.