A man who police say was a convicted felon has been charged in connection with an alleged armed robbery Tuesday morning in north Charlotte.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say a man who lives in the 1300 block of Echo Glen Road, near Tom Hunter Road in the Hidden Valley community, called 911 shortly before 8:30 a.m. Tuesday and said someone had threatened him with a gun and stole his vehicle.
Officers got a description of the suspect from the victim, and police say they found the vehicle and suspect a short time later in a nearby parking lot.
Police have charged John Ibn Ramadan, 32, of Charlotte, with robbery with a dangerous weapon; possession of a firearm by a convicted felon; and possession of a stolen motor vehicle.
The victim was not injured.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.