BOONE A five year investigation in Watauga County netted over $57,000 worth of crystal meth and landed two suspects behind bars.
Officials said a closely knit network of drug distributors was involved in the selling of meth around Watauga County.
Saturday morning, authorities seized $57,120 worth of crystal meth from a home on Howards Creek Road.
Among those in uniform helping to track down the drug ring was K9 dog Maus, who helped to sniff out the drugs.
Officials said drug detection K9s from the Watauga County Sheriffs Office and the Boone Police Department were used in the case.
Luis Enrique Garcia was the main distributor according to officials. He was arrested along with Javier Gomez Sanchez.
Both lived at the address on Howards Creek Road. Officials said more arrests are expected.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.