A tough week for us all
Posted: Sunday, Dec. 16, 2012
Photo by: Nathan Abplanalp Photography
Sheri Riley is currently seeking a post-graduate degree in Invasive Cardiology. She enjoys sports and spending time outside with her fiance, Jeff, and their two dogs, Lola and Cami. She is getting married October 12, 2013. Contact Sheri
Today I write with a heavy heart.
I do not find it fitting to this week complain about any of my life's minuscule problems.
Today, more importantly, I offer my deepest condolences to everyone involved in the heart wrenching tragedy that took place this past Friday in Newtown, Connecticut.
My heart hurts for the families of those lost and those survived.
I pray that we wrap our arms around this small American town and around each other because each other is all we truly have.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.