Benjamin Moore donation
The Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte recently received more than 90 gallons of paint donated by retailer Benjamin Moore through SouthEnd Painting.
Charlotte’s Ronald McDonald House – one of 175 across the continent – is located at 1613 E. Morehead St. and has served 795 families since opening in May 2011.
The paint donation is valued at approximately $5,400 and will be used for makeovers for the commons area, guest rooms and bathrooms in the 35,000-square-foot, four-story building. Donated colors include seaspray, Yorkshire tan and deer trail.
Benjamin Moore is the North American paint provider for Ronald McDonald Houses and has been a corporate donor to Ronald McDonald House Charities since 1999. The company donates about $250,000 worth of interior and exterior coatings, wood stains and finishes to all 175 houses.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.