A Monroe man was shot twice after three men broke into his apartment early Sunday, Monroe Police said.
Teodoro Huerta, 33, had decided to sleep on the couch downstairs because he was feeling sick. Just before 2:34 a.m., he heard a noise.
Three black males in their late teens or early 20s kicked open the front door, police said.
“He tried to fight them off because his family was upstairs,” Monroe Captain Beth Greene said.
The men fired three rounds - two of which struck Huerta in the stomach and hand. He was taken to CMC Main where he is underwent surgery. He is now in stable condition, Greene said.
This case is still under investigation. Anyone with information on has information about this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-283-5600
Arriero: 704-777-7070; Twitter: @earriero
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.