Bobcats at Magic
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.3||3.3||G, J. Nelson||15.0||3.9|
|G, G. Henderson||12.9||3.3||G, A. Afflalo||17.4||3.7|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||10.6||6.5||F, D. Jones||3.1||2.0|
|F. H. Warrick||6.7||3.5||F. G. Davis||15.7||7.6|
|C, B. Biyombo||4.8||6.9||C, N. Vucevic||11.5||11.1|
Matchup to Watch
Kemba Walker vs. Jameer Nelson: Walker missed practice Thursday with a sprained ankle, but coach Mike Dunlap expects Walker to play. It will be tough guarding Nelson if Walkers change-of-direction is limited.
• Magic center Nikola Vucevic is one of the NBAs best young rebounders, at just over 11 per game. The Bobcats are coming off a loss to the Indiana Pacers in which they were outrebounded by 29.
• Magic rookie Maurice Harkless played for Dunlap last season at St. Johns. Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins took notice of Dunlap while scouting Harkless last season.
• Walker leads the Bobcats in scoring, (17.3), assists (5.3) and steals (1.9). Only four other NBA players do that for their respective teams: LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Kyrie Irving and Goran Dragic.
• Reflective of Dunlaps effort to up the tempo this season, the Bobcats are third in the NBA in fast-break points (17.4 per game).
• The Magic has won eight of the last nine matchups with the Bobcats. Of course that was a Magic team that had Dwight Howard and Ryan Anderson.
Did you know?
Ninety is the Magics magic number: Theyre 14-12 this season scoring 90 or more, 0-12 when they fail to do so.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less