• In the balancing act that is developing youth vs. depending on experience, Charlotte Bobcats coach Mike Dunlap swayed to the older guys Saturday.
Center Bismack Biyombo had a bad night – no points, no blocks and three rebounds – so Dunlap used veteran Brendan Haywood extensively during the second half, guarding Sacramento Kings star DeMarcus Cousins.
Then rookie reserve Jeff Taylor, who would have started had Gerald Henderson’s back injury shelved him, played just seven minutes.
• A bunch of the “Bring back the Buzz” folks were in attendance, mostly upstairs. That meant intermittent, “Charlotte Hornets” chants, mostly during the first half.
• Thomas Robinson, the Kings’ lottery-pick rookie, had a rough first half: He played a single minute before taking a shot to the mouth late in the first quarter that required stitches to close. He never returned for the second half.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.