She Said Yes! Katelyn & William
Posted: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013
Lindsey Lee PhotographyAs told by William:
We have known each other our entire lives. When Katelyn asked me for a ride home from high school one day I thought I was going to wreck the car I was so excited. I finally worked up the courage to ask her out and weve been dating for six years now.
We had just gotten back from spending the summer in California on a mission trip and were planning on going out on the boat for breakfast with my sister and brother-in-law.
I asked her to go out on the boat with me earlier that morning to read and then we would come back and get them. I made a slideshow with pictures of us with one of our favorite songs. The slideshow had quotes from an article we had read earlier that summer that stated, as a man of God, I will wait for a woman who
and then listed several things that a man should look for in his partner. On the last slide, it said, I have found all these things in you and I dont want to wait anymore. I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me!Katelyn and William will be married May 25, 2013
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.