Icy roads and the threat of black ice forming overnight have forced a number of closings and delayed openings for Saturday.
Have a closing we should add to the list? Send an e-mail to email@example.com
• No yard waste collection Saturday and other pick ups could resume by 9 a.m. Saturday. Check http://emergency.charmeck.org for updates.
• CPCC campuses closed Saturday.
• Charlotte Area Transit System is running at a normal schedule, with no delays at this time because of inclement weather. Check www.ridetransit.org for updates.
• YMCA branches plan to open at regular times Saturday, but people are encouraged to call ahead to check for any changes.
• Shopping malls, many of which closed early Friday, plan to open on normal schedules.
• The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art will reopen at 10 a.m. Saturday.
• SAT tests won’t be held Saturday at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools sites. Make-up day is Feb. 16, per the district.
SAT tests at Lake Norman Charter School postponed until Feb. 16.
• The Matthews Community Farmers Market in downtown Matthews will be closed Saturday because of expected icy roads in the morning. The market will reopen Feb. 2, according to manager Pauline Wood.
• Matthews trash pickup will be resumed Saturday morning.
• A District 3 town hall meeting with Charlotte City Councilwoman LaWana Mayfield has been cancelled for Saturday. A new date has not yet been announced.
• Hood Theological Seminary opening at 9 a.m.
Alexander County YMCA opening at 9 a.m.
• Caldwell County Schools makeup day planned for Saturday has been cancelled.
• Concord-Kannapolis Ride Transit bus service will resume at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. Check www.ckrider.com for more updates
• Concord and Kannapolis Libraries will open at 11 am Saturday. The Harrisburg and Mt Pleasant Libraries will remain closed Saturday.
• Greater Charlotte Home and Landscape Show at Cabarrus Arena and Events Center, which was cancelled Friday night, resumes Saturday and Sunday.
• Carolina Place Mall operating normal hours.
• The Cabarrus Arts Council galleries and offices will remain closed on Saturday.
• St. Stephens wrestling tournament has been cancelled for Saturday, and will be held next Saturday, Feb. 2.
• Hickory Metro Convention Center will reopen at noon Saturday.
• Cherryville YMCA opening at 9 a.m.
• SAT tests scheduled Saturday at Belmont Abbey College cancelled. Makeup date is Feb. 16.
• Gastonia Transit starting operations two hours late.
• SAT tests scheduled Saturday at Iredell-Statesville Schools cancelled.
• Statesville YMCA opening at 9:30 a.m.
• Lincolnton Flea Market opening at 10 a.m.
• Lincoln County YMCA opening at 9 a.m.
• Montgomery Community College closed Saturday.
• Rowan-Cabarrus Community College closed Saturday.
• Rowan County Public Library branches reopen at 11 a.m. Saturday.
• South Rowan YMCA opening at 10:30 a.m.
• East Rowan YMCA opening at 10:30 a.m.
• Catawba College opening two hours late.
• Salisbury Transit starting operations two hours late.
• Stanly Community College closed Saturday.
• Stanly County YMCA opening at 10 a.m.
• South Piedmont Community College closed Saturday.
• SAT tests scheduled Saturday at Wingate University cancelled. Makeup date is Feb. 16.
• Rock Hill Schools activities Saturday cancelled.
• York Tech closed Saturday.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less