Education: Bachelors degree from Springfield (Mass.) College in 1972; masters degree in physical education from Southern Connecticut State in 1978; masters degree in sports administration from St. Thomas (Fla.) University in 1986.
Coaching experience: Head coach of Spackenkill High in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., from 1973-78 and 1980-81. Head coach of Kingston (N.Y.) High from 1984-1986.
Scouting experience: Scouting intern for Buffalo Bills in 1986. Scout for Bills in 1987. Bills scout representative for BLESTO 1988-1993. Scout for Denver Broncos from 1994-98. Scout for New York Giants in 1998. Pro personnel director for Giants from 1999-2012. Senior pro personnel analyst for Giants in 2012.
Playoff experience: Associated with 13 playoff teams, six Super Bowl teams and three winners (1997 Broncos, 2007 Giants, 2011 Giants).
Family: Wife, Joanne, and three children, Aaron (25), Sam (22) and Ana (15).
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.