Bobcats at Heat
7:30 p.m. Monday, American Airlines Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.8||3.6||G, M. Chalmers||7.8||2.3|
|G, G. Henderson||12.5||3.2||G,D. Wade||20.7||4.6|
|F, TBD||F, L. James||26.5||8.3|
|F, J. Adrien||4.4||4.4||F, U. Haslem||3.6||7.4|
|C, B. Biyombo||4.6||6.9||C, C. Bosh||17.2||7.4|
Matchup to Watch
LeBron James vs. Jeff Taylor/Gerald Henderson: Rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist suffered a concussion in Houston in a collision with Taylor, eliminating the most logical option to guard NBA most valuable player James.
• James has improved his output this season in rebounds, assists, field-goal percentage and free-throw percentage. Remarkable someone so accomplished keeps improving.
• The Heat made a savvy free-agent move when they signed long-range shooter Ray Allen as a free agent.
• Former Duke star Shane Battier leads the Heat in charges taken with 13, more than twice as many as any other Miami player.
• Bobcats center Bismack Biyombo has his hands full tonight against Chris Bosh, but Biz has been on a roll of late with 10 games of at least two blocks in his past 14. He had four blocks against the Rockets.
• Heat star Dwyane Wade was suspended for a game following the last Miami-Charlotte game. The league disciplined him for kicking at Bobcats guard Ramon Sessions groin during a stoppage of play.
Did you know?
James has a string of 463 consecutive games scoring in double figures. Thats the sixth-longest such streak in NBA history, but hed have a long way to go to be No. 1. Thats Bobcats owner Michael Jordan who scored 10 or more points 866 consecutive times between 1986 and 2001.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less