The ramp from southbound Johnston Road to the outer loop of Interstate 485 will be closed late Sunday and early Monday, weather permitting.
The N.C. Department of Transportation says the ramp will be closed from 10 p.m. Sunday until 5 a.m. Monday, so crews can drill holes in the travel lane and get information for the future flyover bridge planned from northbound Johnston Road to the inner loop of I-485.
This is all part of the $83.3 million widening project, which will add one lane in each direction on I-485 between I-77 and Rea Road. The project is scheduled for completion by December 2014.
During the ramp closure, motorists trying to get from southbound Johnston Road to the outer loop of I-485 will make a U-turn at John J. Delaney Drive, and take northbound Johnston Road to the I-485 outer loop ramp on that side of the road.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.