• Cute spoof of the Super Bowl power outage during a first-half timeout. The arena went dark for several seconds, then the scoreboard showed an advertisement for Bobcats season ticket-holders to renew and not be left in the dark.
• Ben Gordon scored seven points in his first seven minutes Friday. Maybe he heard about the trade discussion with the Nets and finds being moved to a contender appealing?
• The Bobcats got back rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist after he missed two games while recovering from a concussion. MKG started as did power forward Byron Mullens, whocame off the bench in his first two games back from an ankle sprain.
• The strangest thing about Kobe Bryant going scoreless in the first half was how disinterested he seemed in shooting two attempts in 19 minutes.
• Funny line from Lakers coach Mike DAntoni pregame when he was asked if the Bobcats represented danger. DAntoni said the Lakers anticipate danger this season every time they hear the national anthem.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less