Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools has several opportunities for the public to get informed and have input as leaders shape the budget and a strategic plan.
Here are this week’s events.
• Tuesday, Feb. 12: 6 p.m., Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St. Regular business meeting that includes a public comment period and a report on the 2013-14 budget process. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/boe/Pages/SchoolBoardMeetings.aspx
• Monday, Feb. 11: Accountability framework, 3-5 p.m., Oakhurst Administrative Center, 4511 Monroe Road, Room B-11.
• Monday, Feb. 11: 2014-15 calendar planning, 4-6 p.m., Metro School, 405 S. Davidson St.
• Monday, Feb. 11: Culture, engagement and shared values, 5-6:30 p.m., Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St., Room 527.
• Monday, Feb. 11: Technology and blended learning, 6-7 p.m., Metro School.
• Tuesday, Feb. 12: College and career readiness, 8:30-10 a.m., Oakhurst Administrative Center, 4511 Monroe Road, Room B-11.
• Tuesday, Feb. 12: Closing the achievement gap, 4-5:30 p.m., Children and Family Services Center Building, 601 E. Fifth St., Room 520.
• Thursday, Feb. 14: Parent engagement, 4-6 p.m., Smith Family Center, 1600 Tyvola Road.
Public may attend these meetings but not participate. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less