Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools has several opportunities for the public to get informed and have input as leaders shape the budget and a strategic plan.
Here are this week’s events.
• Tuesday, Feb. 12: 6 p.m., Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St. Regular business meeting that includes a public comment period and a report on the 2013-14 budget process. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/boe/Pages/SchoolBoardMeetings.aspx
• Monday, Feb. 11: Accountability framework, 3-5 p.m., Oakhurst Administrative Center, 4511 Monroe Road, Room B-11.
• Monday, Feb. 11: 2014-15 calendar planning, 4-6 p.m., Metro School, 405 S. Davidson St.
• Monday, Feb. 11: Culture, engagement and shared values, 5-6:30 p.m., Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St., Room 527.
• Monday, Feb. 11: Technology and blended learning, 6-7 p.m., Metro School.
• Tuesday, Feb. 12: College and career readiness, 8:30-10 a.m., Oakhurst Administrative Center, 4511 Monroe Road, Room B-11.
• Tuesday, Feb. 12: Closing the achievement gap, 4-5:30 p.m., Children and Family Services Center Building, 601 E. Fifth St., Room 520.
• Thursday, Feb. 14: Parent engagement, 4-6 p.m., Smith Family Center, 1600 Tyvola Road.
Public may attend these meetings but not participate. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce