Don't forget Dad this Valentine's Day
There are lots of things kids can get their dads for Valentines Day without digging into the piggy bank. Here are several of my favorite options:
1. Personalize It: Dads love to receive something personal and close to their hearts. This year, give dad an extra special memory in the form of a framed photograph. The picture will no doubt be treasured for years to come while it adorns a dresser or a desk where Dad looks at it often.
2. Made with Love: The way to a dads heart is usually through his stomach, so make Dad a delicious treat! You could make cookies, brownies, ice cream sundaes, etc. the best part is youll get to share the treat all together!
3. Get Creative: Make something creative for Dad. Little ones can make a handmade Valentines Day card or art project, and older kids can give dad a handmade coupon booklet complete with activities like: go out for ice cream, head to the batting cages, lets go mini-golfing, etc. Be creative Dad is sure to love it!
And if youre a wife trying to come up with a Valentines Day gift for your loving husband and father of your children look no further! Ive got some great ideas for you:
1. Red and Silky: Guys like sexy stuff, too! Why not gift your hubby a set of fun sexy boxers this Valentines Day? Of course they dont have to be red and silky just have fun with it; I promise hell like it.
2. Thrifty Mom: Go all out by creating a coupon for an all-inclusive date night with your husband. When its cashed in you and your husband will hire a babysitter, get dressed up and head out for a fancy night on the town.
3. Surprise: Most husbands love special surprises. Go ahead and have a lovable Valentines Day dinner with your family at home. And while your husband puts the kids to bed whip out a special desert, queue a romantic comedy and light some candles. Itll make for an extra special end to an extra special day.
Remember when it comes down to it Valentines Day isnt about the gifts its about spreading the love and letting everyone know just how much they mean to you.
Happy Valentines Day!
Robert Nickell, aka Daddy Nickell, father of seven, offers his five cents-worth of advice to expectant and new parents. Daddy Nickell is the founder of Daddyscrubs.com, delivery room duds and daddy gear for dads, and the Daddyscrubs.com blog where he covers topics about parenting and the latest baby and kids gear, all from a dads perspective.
Read more at http://blog.daddyscrubs.com
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less