My Big Fat Tuesday Valentine
Posted: Friday, Feb. 15, 2013
With a week full of celebrations, including Fat Tuesday and Valentines Day, it certainly involved food. To combine the two, my weekly menu on News Rising was about a meal that would tie both together seamlessly with the common thread of deliciousness.
The meal started with this simple shrimp appetizer with a brothey, buttery, beery sauce, with just the right amount of kick to get things going. Quick, easy and simple to put together this is the perfect start to any meal, or toss with pasta to make something really special for dinner one night.
I followed that up with chicken Etoufee, served over andouille spiked grit cakes, and finished it off with chocolate bourbon pecan pie. For those recipes and lots more visit www.cheftroy.net .
Cajun Style Barbeque Beer Shrimp
2 Tablespoons-Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons-Cajun/Blackened Seasoning
2 Cloves-Garlic-or one tablespoon
1 Each-Jalapeno-deseeded and diced
2 Each-Green Onions-sliced thin, white and green parts separate
1 Tablespoon-Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon-Lemon Juice
1 Pound-16/20 Shrimp-peeled and deveined
1 Cup-Light Beer
¼ Cup-Chicken Stock
4 Slices-Grilled Garlic Toast
1. Heat oil over medium heat and add seasoning, garlic, jalapeno, white part of onion, Worcestershire and lemon.
2. Stir to combine, add shrimp and cook for one minute stirring frequently.
3. Add beer, stock and cook for one more minute, stirring.
4. Add butter, lower heat and cook until butter is melted and incorporated into sauce stirring.
5. Place shrimp in a bowl, top with sauce and serve with grilled garlic toast for sopping.