Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools has several opportunities for the public to get informed and have input as leaders shape the budget and a strategic plan. Here are the coming week’s events.
• Wednesday, Feb. 20: African-American males, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Walton Plaza, 700 E. Stonewall St., Room 523
• Thursday, Feb. 21: Privatization, 8 a.m., Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St., Room 527.
• Thursday, Feb. 21: Community and faith partnerships, 10 a.m., Dowd YMCA, 400 E. Morehead St., seventh floor.
• Thursday, Feb. 21: Public trust, marketing and branding, 9-10:30 a.m., United Way of Central Carolinas, 301 S. Brevard St.
• Friday, Feb. 22: Process and system improvements, 7:30-9 a.m., Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center, Room 546.
• Monday, Feb. 25: Gifted students, 9-11 a.m.. Randolph Middle School, 4400 Water Oak Road.
• Monday, Feb. 25: Limited English proficiency students, 2-3:30 p.m., Smith Family Center, 1600 Tyvola Road, Room C-6.
• Monday, Feb. 25: Professional growth system, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Villa Heights, 800 Everett Place.
• Monday, Feb. 25: 2014-15 calendar planning, 4-6 p.m., Metro School, 405 S. Davidson St..
Public may attend these meetings but not participate. Town hall meetings that allow the public to share ideas with task force members begin Feb. 27. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less