FORT MILL A Fort Mill father is accused of making his 10-year-old son smoke marijuana during a visit sometime last week.
Deputies met with a woman on Friday who said her son was forced to smoke pot while visiting with his father, according to a York County Sheriff’s report.
The woman said the father got a bag of marijuana, took out the seeds, rolled the pot into a cigarette and told the boy to smoke it, the report states. The boy told his mother that his father has done this before, but this was the first time he was told to smoke it.
The woman said her son’s visits with his father are supposed to be supervised by the man’s mother, the report states. Police told the woman to take her son to get a drug test and contact deputies when the results return.
Currently, no arrests have been made. Police say charges might be filed depending on the results of the drug test.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.