Noodles for dinner!
And don't forget to enter our latest giveaway for a night when cooking isn't in your plans- you could win a Square Bowl to feed the family.
Recipe for the Home Chef
Serves 4 Large portions or 6-8 small sides
- 2 Tb Olive oil
- 1 box Cavatappi noodles
- 5 oz Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 5 oz Mushrooms, white button sliced
- 3 oz White wine*
- 3 oz Chicken broth
- 4 oz Cream
· 6 oz Pesto
· 4 oz Parmesan cheese
· 2 Tb Parsley, minced
· Cook Cavatappi according to box directions, drain and set aside.
· Heat a large sauté pan on medium high add 2 Tb oil to pan then add pasta, tomatoes and mushrooms stir to evenly coat the ingredients.
- Add 3 oz of wine and cook until wine has evaporated.
· Add 3 oz of chicken stock and cook until completely evaporated.
· Add the cream and pesto, take off the heat and stir until evenly mixed.
· Place in a large serving bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
*Chicken broth may be substituted for white wine.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less