Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools has several opportunities for the public to get informed and have input as leaders shape the budget and a strategic plan. Here are the coming week’s events.
Town hall meetings
• Monday, March 4: 6-8:30 p.m., North Mecklenburg High, 11201 Old Statesville Road., Huntersville.
• Monday, March 11: 6-8:30 p.m., Butler High, 1810 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Matthews.
Superintendent Heath Morrison will present a budget overview, followed by a chance for participants to speak with members of 22 CMS advisory task forces. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce/Pages/TownHallMeetings.aspx.
• Wednesday, March 6: 7:30-9 a.m., South Mecklenburg High, 8900 Park Road.
Informal opportunity to talk with the superintendent about any CMS issue.
• Tuesday, March 5: Choice, alternatives and magnets, 3:30-5 p.m., Park Road Montessori, 3701 Haven Drive.
• Tuesday, March 5: Closing the achievement gap, 4-5:30 p.m., Children and Family Services Center, 601 E. Fifth St., Room 520.
• Wednesday, March 6: Cultural competence framework, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St., Room CH-14.
• Monday, March 11: Accountability framework, 3-5 p.m., Oakhurst Administrative Building, 4511 Monroe Road, Room B11.
• Monday, March 11: Culture, engagement and shared values, 5-6:30 p.m., Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St., Room 527.
• Monday, March 11: Technology and blended learning, 5:30-7 p.m., Metro School, 405 S. Davidson St.
Public may attend these meetings but not participate. Details: www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce
• Thursday, March 7: Intergovernmental Relationships Committee, Government Center, Room 528.