Nets at Bobcats
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.4||3.4||G, D. Williams||17.3||3.2|
|G, G. Henderson||13.1||3.7||G, J. Johnson||16.8||3.1|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||9.1||5.7||F, G. Wallace||8.5||5.1|
|F, TBD||F, R. Evans||3.4||9.3|
|C, B. Biyombo||4.4||7.2||C, B. Lopez||18.8||7.2|
Matchup to Watch
Deron Williams vs. Kemba Walker: Willams is a tough cover for Walker, because hes so big and strong.
• The Bobcats tried to do a Ben Gordon-for-Kris Humphries deal. The Nets passed, but that would have been an expensive sub-for-expensive sub trade.
• Former Duke defensive stopper Billy King is getting his second act as an NBA executive. He ran Philly for a long time, now hes assembling the Nets.
• Reggie Evans, pound-for-pound, might be the most physical player in the NBA.
• The Bobcats play three of the next four at home, but the opponents are no picnic: Nets, Thunder, Celtics.
• Byron Mullens sat out all but three minutes of the Portland game due to a knee injury.
Did you know?
Now-Net Gerald Wallace is arguably the most impactful player in Bobcats history. For the first time in nine seasons, he might fail to average double-figures scoring.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less