Bobcats at Wizards
8 p.m., Verizon Center
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.2||3.4||G, J. Wall||14.1||3.2|
|G, G. Henderson||13.2||3.6||G, T. Ariza||9.1||4.6|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||9.2||5.6||F, M. Webster||10.8||3.9|
|F, B. Mullens||12.0||7.3||F, Nene||12.6||6.9|
|C, B. Biyombo||4.5||7.0||C, E. Okafor||9.6||9.1|
Matchup to Watch
John Wall vs. Kemba Walker: Wall, who grew up in Raleigh, is finally back from injury and putting up strong numbers of late.
• It looked all through November that the Bobcats would finish in front of the Wizards. One month does not a season make.
• If the Bobcats win either of the remaining two games against Washington, they clinch the season series. Both of Charlottes victories over the Wizards were in their 7-5 start.
• Ex-Bobcat Emeka Okafor has improved of late, with six double-doubles in his previous seven games.
• Dont be surprised if Okafor is moved over the summer; his large expiring contract is a valuable trade chip.
• Wizards guard Bradley Beal is one of the players the Bobcats considered for the No. 2 overall pick.
Did you know?
How important is Wall to the Wizards? Theyre 5-28 without him, 14-12 with him.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less