• Call 911, especially if someone is about to harm themselves or someone else.
• To figure out how to get help from Mecklenburg County’s mental health network, call MeckLINK: 704-336-6404 (toll-free outside the county 877-700-3001), or go to mecklink.charmeck.org.
A consumer handbook is also on the site.
• To have a trained mental health professional come to you, call CriSyS, Mecklenburg County’s mobile crisis team: 704-566-3410 (Select Option 1).
• To talk with a counselor at CMC-Randolph’s call center: 704-444-2400.
• Support groups: Mental Health Association of Central Carolinas, 704-365-3454, mhacentralcarolinas.org; National Alliance on Mental Illness – Charlotte: 704–333–8218, nami-charlotte.org.
• At UNC Charlotte: NAMI on Campus. 704-641-9357; NAMIatUNCC@gmail.com.; Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/namiuncc/.
Compiled by Michael Gordon, firstname.lastname@example.org