Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools has several opportunities for the public to get informed and have input as leaders shape the budget and a strategic plan. Here are the coming week’s events.
Town hall meetings
• Monday, March 11: 6-8:30 p.m., Butler High, 1810 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Matthews.
Superintendent Heath Morrison will present a budget overview, followed by a chance for participants to speak with members of 22 CMS advisory task forces. Details available at www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce/Pages/TownHallMeetings.aspx
• Tuesday, March 12: 6 p.m., meeting chamber, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St. Includes a public comment period, as well as reports on how 2007 school bond money has been spent and how CMS is dealing with new Common Core standards and new state tests. To speak, call 980-343-5139 by noon Tuesday or sign up on site.
• Wednesday, March 13: Noon, Government Center, Room 267; joint meeting of the school board and Mecklenburg County commissioners to discuss budget planning.
• Thursday, March 14: 10:30 a.m., Government Center, Room 528; policy committee.
• Monday, March 18: 4:30 p.m., Government Center, Room 267; budget work session.
Details are available at www.cms.k12.nc.us/boe
• Monday, March 11: Accountability framework, 3-5 p.m., Oakhurst Administrative Building, 4511 Monroe Road, Room B11.
• Monday, March 11: Culture, engagement and shared values, 5-6:30 p.m., Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St., Room 527.
• Monday, March 11: Technology and blended learning, 5:30-7 p.m., Metro School, 405 S. Davidson St.
• Tuesday, March 12: Early childhood, 12-1:30 p.m., Smith Family Center, 1600 Tyvola Road, Room B4.
• Tuesday, March 12: Extended learning, 3-5 p.m., Foundation for the Carolinas, 220 N. Tryon St.
• Monday, March 18: Limited English proficiency students, 2-3:30 p.m., UNC Charlotte.
Public may attend these meetings but not participate. Details are available at www.cms.k12.nc.us/mediaroom/taskforce