Gift Tip #119
Posted: Wednesday, Mar. 13, 2013
Simone is a public relations and marketing pro who knows how to find the perfect gift, for the perfect budget. She’s been blogging about gift-giving since 2008. Find her insights and ideas on her blog, http://honeebeegifts.blogspot.com. When she isn’t blogging or finding the perfect gift, you can find her enjoying the arts, good food, and working with several community nonprofits.
The Charlotte Then and Now book allows you to compare present day landmarks, streets and buildings with what they once were over a century ago. From the most popular streets uptownTrade & Tryon to the modest beginnings of Myers Park, this book allows you to get to know the Queen City better. You will learn about the history of Charlotte and have a new appreciation for how much the city has changed over the years.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.